If you’re planning or intending to apply for passport in Kenya, it is now possible to do so online. After completing the required fields that need to be filled, you’ll print out at form after which you sign and date it. You will then add any other required documents and photographs before forwarding it for processing.
Please note that there are some charges for processing Kenyan passport which can be paid using mobile money, Credit and Debit Cards as well as online banking from different local banks.
You might be asking how long does it take for your passport to be ready. Once your application form and necessary documents have been submitted at the Immigration offices, it will take at least 10 business days (14 days if you include weekends) for your passport to be ready.
STEPS OF APPLICATION FOR KENYAN PASSPORT
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke if you don’t have an account there yet
- Once registered, go to Department of Immigration Services and click on Passport Application form (Alternatively use this: immigration.ecitizen.go.ke)
- After reading the instructions fill the application form
- Select your desired mode of payment and pay for passport processing fees
- Download and print the form and three application receipts
- Submit the form at the Immigration Offices
REQUIREMENTS WHEN SUBMITTING PASSPORT APPLICATION FORM
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form
- Three receipts showing payments of passport fees
- Original birth certificate and copy
- Original National ID plus its copy
- Parents’ National IDs and copy
- Three current passport size photos
- Copy of recommender’s National ID
- Consent letters for minors
- Old passport for replacement
PASSPORT APPLICATION FEES
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|32 Pages Ordinary "A" Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary "B" Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary "C" Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
In case you need further clarification, use the following contacts to get assistance.
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206